Samsung forum

Rant

40" Samsung LCD - picture blinking

by steffiemc / May 18, 2011 6:01 AM PDT

The picture on our Samsung continues to blink Model LN-T4061F - the sound is not interrupted at all. TV is 3 years old and Samsung says too bad so sad. Any answers on what is the cause of this??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 40" Samsung LCD - picture blinking
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 40" Samsung LCD - picture blinking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
40" Samsung LCD - picture blinking
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 8:26 AM PDT

steffiemc,

Collapse -
Too bad so sad!
by steffiemc / May 18, 2011 8:40 AM PDT

We have already had the capacitor replaced in September of 2010 -- it would keep clicking and take a while to turn on. Since that was replaced, the TV was working fine, now the picture keeps blinking.
When I spoke to Samsung, they told me that I had the capacitor fixed as my "one time only free fix" and that I was on my own for this issue. They gave me the phone number of a repair shop in my area for me to take it to.
The issue I have here is that we have paid alot of money for this TV, and after only 3 years it needs to be repaired a second time?? I told Samsung that they need to stand behind the quality of the product they are putting their name on. They would not budge on doing anything to stand behind their product.

Collapse -
Sorry to read that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2011 9:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Too bad so sad!

The BAD CAPS plagues cars, motor controls, Dell PCs (millions!), HDTV and more. While I feel for you it would have been nice to know you got that one time fix and maybe just maybe could you add those transaction numbers for our ambassador?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.