Question

40" LED HDMI's not working help!?

Hi, just new to the forums here. We purchased a Samsung 40" LED TV last July (2011) and all the HDMI's are not working now. We tried switching cables with one that we know works and even tried another XBox 360 and still nothing. These were working until we moved it into another room better suited for a TV of that size. So now that the big 1 year warranty is up we are left to fend for ourselves as far as the cost to fix this issue. I just wanted to know if anyone else has this issue and if so what was the problem and the solution. Thanks for your help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 40" LED HDMI's not working help!?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 40" LED HDMI's not working help!?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
QUICK----> DO THIS!!!

Head to samsung.com and register your TV and in the US you usually get 3 more months of warranty.

After that, call it in. Be sure to track your TRANSACTION NUMBERS.
Bob

- Collapse -
from Canada

I will try this, but we are from Canada and the U.S. online chat couldn't help because of that and the Canadian help chat was not working. Thanks for some help.

- Collapse -
I can't guess if that works in .ca

But it's worth a shot as it is so close in so many ways.

I did not write about a US Online chat so I wonder why that came up.
Bob

- Collapse -
nope

Didn't work it states that it's out of warranty.

- Collapse -
bingo!!!!

I called their help line and they gave us a 30 extension. All we have to do is email a copy of the receipt with the transaction code that they provided and then call back tomorrow for all the details. I will post again tomorrow with an update.

Thanks for the help getting me on track!!!

- Collapse -
Answer
Getting it fixed!!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I cal their service tech again and pleaded my case and after a little red tape and another phone call my TV is getting fixed. Came home yesterday with a message on my machine from the local TV fix it place (lol) and was told that Samsung has authorized the repair and that the parts were ordered and hopefully next week the repair will be done in our home!!!

Thank you Samsung for the quick and mostly painless process to get this fixed.

I will be telling anyone who asks that Samsung is the TV to buy!!

- Collapse -
Thanks for the update.

BTW, I lived in Vancouver, BC for 8 years and it was glorious.

CNET Forums