Question

40" J6300 6 Series Curved Full HD Smart LED TV UE40J6300AK

I am planning on buying the above smart tv, is it compatible with my Toshiba Skullcandy Chromebook and my LG h449n Android phone? I have a Virgin Media wireless hub which work well with both and my wireless Epson printer! Will I be able to mirror both of my products with the tv? Do I need to have chromecast to make these all work?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 40" J6300 6 Series Curved Full HD Smart LED TV UE40J6300AK
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 40" J6300 6 Series Curved Full HD Smart LED TV UE40J6300AK
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Does this mean I need a Toshiba or LG smart tv?

I am quite disappointed as I really liked the look of the Samsung! I accept your view and thanks for your answer! Does this mean I need to buy a Toshiba or a LG smart tv? Will either of these work? Or do I need chromecast anyway?

- Collapse -
Sorry are you asking yourself?

I think you are according to the reply to your topic. Screen mirroring is not a sure thing in most smart TVs. Samsung has this penchant to get it to work with their products and not implement a more open MiraCast system.

- Collapse -
I respect your opinion

Thank you for your response! I guess I was actually asking myself! I just want to make the best purchase to get mirroring, preferably with my Toshiba Chromebook which I love! My LG Android synch's with it anyway! The question I have now is, if I go with another manufacturer with a more open attitude, will I need Chromecast to make it work? I checked out Plex, but it looks like I would need to change from my Virgin Media wireless hub and I'd rather not do that!
Any guidance would be appreciated!

- Collapse -
I can't answer that.

Makers are all over the map on SmartTVs. So badly that I can never be sure until I have the exact model to test it or find a review. The old Chromecast was 35 bucks of "it works."

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for your help any way!

- Collapse -
Answer
I'm going with no mirror.

It's the rare setup that works as Samsung is usually all about mirroring with their own phones and tablets. They don't seem to want to play with others.

CNET Forums