Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

3d software for advanced kitchen design?

by divebel / September 21, 2008 8:30 AM PDT

Hello,

I am looking for a 3d software for mac, to better my design portfolio for client imaging, etc. A colleague uses 3d Studio Max but he is on PC, where as I am on mac. For work so far, I use a dedicated kitchen design software which is well-known in the industry, and it is pretty good, but I would really like to take my images/environments to the next level. The kitchens are very modern and unusual and with extra work on an advanced design software, they could really come alive.

I heard that Cinema 4d can be pretty good, but with so many different softwares to choose from out there, I am not quite sure which direction to head. I need to choose something that I know will create great results if I put the work in, but at the same time doesn't baffle me with science!!

I am on a macbookpro Mac OS X 10.5.4. - 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRam.

I would be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks for your time.

Annabel Happy

Discussion is locked

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!