Samsung forum

Question

3d not available error in samsung smart tv series 6

by madhudgr8 / October 21, 2011 10:02 PM PDT

Hi, I recently purchased a samsung series 6 smart 3d tv. When I click on the 3d button in my remote, it displays an error message as "Not Available". I really need some help here. Thanks in advance.....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 3d not available error in samsung smart tv series 6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 3d not available error in samsung smart tv series 6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) What 3d source is connected?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 21, 2011 10:07 PM PDT
Collapse -
What is it supposed to mean?
by madhudgr8 / October 21, 2011 10:29 PM PDT

I thought that samsung tv converts the actual picture to 3d ..... So what is a 3d source?

Collapse -
For example
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 21, 2011 10:40 PM PDT

Here in the UK we have two main TV suppliers, both digital, (Satellite or cable), as analog TV has now ceased.

Both suppliers, Sky and Virgin, offer the normal range of non-3D channels, but so far only Sky offers 3D channels, for some sport and some movies.

If a subscriber has Sky then they also need to subscribe to Sky's 3D option. Whether or not that needs a special box I can't say. But we cannot watch 3D TV here in the UK without subscribing to Sky's service.

That might be different where you live, but no 3D tv will convert ordinary non-3D programs to 3D. The programs must be televised in 3D before a 3D capable tv can show it.

So, who do you get your normal TV channels from, the source, and do they offer 3D content?

Mark

Collapse -
Moreover, there are 3D DVD's
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 21, 2011 10:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks...
by madhudgr8 / October 21, 2011 10:55 PM PDT

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help.... I am currently using a digital connection. So I guess that I will have to ask the service provider for more details... Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.