Question

3D LED HD UA60D8000 keeps switching off/on automatically

I have bought Samsung Series 8 top model of the line last december 2011 model UA60D8000 (silver chrome finish).

Today, it just behaved weirdly during my son plays PS3 on it. it automatically switch off and on repetitively every 2 secs. Once the SmartTV logo appears, it switches off again and on back again repetitively.

I tried to reset by switching off the power from the remote but didnt work. Then, pulling out all the cables including the power cable (which was connected to the UPS 3Kva). It still didnt work after i put back the power cable.

Pls advise.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 3D LED HD UA60D8000 keeps switching off/on automatically
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 3D LED HD UA60D8000 keeps switching off/on automatically
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like a call is needed.

Let Samsung fix it. If you are in the USA, head to samsung.com to register the unit to extend the warranty by 3 months.
Bob

- Collapse -
weird samsung 3D HD LED display

Unfortunately, i bought it from Myers at Brisbane Australia. And now i am no longer living there, do Samsung provide 1 year international warranty?

Pls advise.

- Collapse -
I'm not in either country

So I have no copy of your warranty. You won't know till you call.
Bob

- Collapse -
OH...MY...God!

I tried to call the samsung service centre today here in Asia, they told me Samsung do not have an international warranty! Also, they commented it seems i have a panel board problem which hardly can be fixed...is this true or just their bullock games?

- Collapse -
Games with Sandra?

Sorry but I've found them to be pretty good when they call out a board or panel issue. Most of the time they will never tell you that but get a tech out to look at it first.

Sorry that there was no international warranty. Such is still rare today.
Bob

- Collapse -
Customer Satisfaction and Expectation....

You're right... That's why the pioneers such as Apple and Nikon are leading because they do provide my apple and nikon cameras international warranty.

CNET Forums