Question

3D glasses and TV recommendation

I know the active 3D types are popular around the globe these days, but my eyes are very sensitive; I can't stand the flickering. I know 3D TVs without the requirement of glasses won't be released for good few years, so only option for me is passive 3D TV. How do the passive 3D TVs rate?

I want to hear opinions from many perspectives, so feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 3D glasses and TV recommendation
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 3D glasses and TV recommendation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
here is my answer

I have 55" Vizio 3D TV sets at home that I bought online with quite good deal. I like the passive 3D TVs because their glasses are flicker free and lightweight. I feel less crosstalk with them compare to active ones too. I like my Vizio 3D TV except the one thing, the picture quality. It's 3D glasses are comfortable to wear and the TV price was good but as in many 3D TV reviews, it has less deeper colors and less detailed images. I had no doubt why it was so cheap. I realized after I have used it, but since it was cheaper I decided to keep my Vizio sets and change it when the better sets come out.

- Collapse -
Answer
MY OPINION

I have LG's new 3D LED TV model for 2011 and I am very satisfied with it. I had great interest in LG's 3D TV after reading reviews from CES. They use passive technology but unlike Vizio, it is Full HD, so its picture quality is pretty impressive. Plus, LG 3D TV can convert 2D images to 3D which Vizio can't. The LG 3D TV display isn't dim like the active ones and their colors seemed very natural. It has great picture quality and is flicker-free and they use lightweight 3D glasses. I like my set very much because it more than makes up for the weaknesses of active 3D.

- Collapse -
Answer
3D glasses and TV recommendation

There's been a lot of posts over the past week re: active vs. passive. I suggest you go through the posts here and review them instead of making people who are interested in responding to you post the same comments and links.

CNET Forums