General discussion

3D display on Samsung TV works with games but not movies

I have a Samsung 60Hz 3D-ready DLP HDTV (Model HL61A750A1F). I also have a home theater PC (Intel i7-920 CPU w/ 6GB RAM, an nVidia GeForce GTS250 graphics card and Windows 7 64-bit operating system).

Because Samsung no longer sells 3D glasses for these 60Hz HDTVs, I have (1) an nVidia 3D Vision System emitter and glasses (the emitter comes with a cable for the 3D sync output on the back of the Samsung TV) and (2) a copy of just-released PowerDVD10 Ultra software which has the ability to convert regular DVD movies into psuedo-3D. I also have a 3D version of Avatar the Game that came with the nVidia 3D glasses.

Although the 3D Avatar game works perfectly with the emitter & glasses in 3D, movies do not. When I play a standard DVD and enable the 3D format in PowerDVD 10, the 3D video signal clearly appears on the HDTV screen as a double image; however, the emitter will no longer come ON to send the sync signal to the glasses.

Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 3D display on Samsung TV works with games but not movies
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 3D display on Samsung TV works with games but not movies
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
3D display on Samsung TV works with games but not movies

saclarkdoc,

You might try updating and making sure you have (and run) the latest updates of the driver from Nvidia.

v.6.05 was the latest I found for that model, but you'll want to check with them for these compatibility issues.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
nVidia Driver Status

nVidea just released new drivers on April 3 which I installed a week ago. My graphics driver is version 197.45 and my 3D Vision driver is also version 197.45.

CNET Forums

Forum Info