General discussion

3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000

Hi all,

I recently purchased a UN55C9000 in a bundle package, along with a Samsung BD-5900 Blu-Ray player. When I first hooked it up, we watched an IMAX promo disc in 3D, and it looked perfect. I watched the same video with a friend a couple of nights ago, and it looked like there was significant crosstalk issues in some scenes. I was able to pause it on a particularly notable scene, and could see the double image in my right eye when I closed my left eye.

I don't believe it's a problem with the Blu-Ray player, because the same issue is prevalent in my Playstation 3 when I viewed the same scene on that. Samsung support suggested I reset both the Blu-Ray player and the TV to factory settings, which I did - it didn't seem to help - if anything it made it more noticable.

I'm pretty much at a loss of what to do here - has anyone else run into this? And if anyone knows a way or setting to fix it it'd be greatly appreciated - I want to exchange it only as a last resort. Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: 3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000 -

CoClimber81,

Try changing the AutoMotion Plus settings or select 3D Optimize (as found on P.22 of the manual) or in the 3D menu (Press Tools on the Blu-Ray remote while it's playing) if that's possible.

If it's happening on the same place in the disc on two different players, it may be the transfer, or the specific scene.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000

I've tried both options, and it doesn't change it. When I first watched 3D on the television the first day I got it, I was amazed that there wasn't any flicker or crosstalk at all; it looked absolutely amazing, even in the scenes currently in question, which makes me believe the disc is good. Is it possible one of the 3D emitters is bad or "off?" Is there any way to calibrate those?

- Collapse -
3D Crosstalk issue with the UN55C9000 -

CoClimber81,

Unfortunately, there's no calibrate the sensor, and the 3D Optimize feature should handle that. The only other thing I can think of might be to charge or change the batteries in your glasses. If it worked before and performance seems to be less than what it was, that also might be the issue.

Otherwise, it may need to be serviced.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info