General discussion

35mm & slide scanner

I have A LOT of slides and 35mm negatives I'd like to preserve digitally. Any recommendations and or comments on the PrimeFilm 3650U scanner?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 35mm & slide scanner
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 35mm & slide scanner
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: 35mm & slide scanner
- Collapse -
Pacific Image 3650u

A few reviews of this scanner said it was easy to install. That's not been my experience on a Win98SE machine. Unless you can get some better feedback from users, I'd not buy one.

P.S.: Unless I can get a refund, or get it working, I'll have a new, unused one avialable real cheap, real soon!

- Collapse -
Pacific Image Primefilm 3650U troubleshooting

Hi- I too am having a terrible time getting my new scanner to scan properly. I'm running on an HP with Windows XP, don't think my computer is the problem. When scanning slides, I get half the photo green, half red. Anybody have any idea what would be causing this? It's a brand new scanner, I have yet to have any useable scans completed. Grrrrrr...

- Collapse -
PrimeFilm 35mm Film &Slide Scanner 3650U

I too have had intermittant problems with the otherwise fantastic scanner. My issue is that occassionally I get colored bars that run parallel to the long (width) of the slide. I have yet to find its cause and a consistant method of fixing the problem.

The4se bar may cover the entire slide or may show only a few in varried positions, but always apparllel along the width.

IBM T43 with 1Gb RAM and 80 Gb HD in Windows Explorer Professional.
Is there as help out there on this matter?

Uncle Marty

CNET Forums