TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

32" lcd -which one

by winniepoah / February 2, 2009 12:06 PM PST

I am trying to decide between the following
panasonic TC-32LX85
sony m4000
samsung LNa450

this is my first LCD, I was leaning toward the samsung LNa450 and it is on sale at best buy, it also was their suggestion
I do not watch sports, so quick stuff is not important, it will be in my living room which is not by a window and does not get a lot of light. I am also hooked to an attic antenna

any opinions- I see good in bad in all 3 from some of the customer reviews

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 32" lcd -which one
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 32" lcd -which one
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
does ln32a450 have a swivel base?
by mamontano / February 2, 2009 9:07 PM PST
In reply to: 32" lcd -which one

I got the ln32a540 at costco for the same
price and it has a swivel base. Newer model
for the same price. Hopefully they still have
some. In store only not shown on website. Got
a 2 year 3 month warranty. Costco extended the
warranty 1 year and samsung extended warranty
3 months by registering the tv. I don't think you
can go wrong with any of your choices since cnet
has rated them at the top. I just like the samsungs
for pq quality and bzillion adjustments.

Collapse -
ln32540 at costco
by winniepoah / February 3, 2009 10:15 AM PST

i went on the costco website and did not see it
what state are you and how long ago did you get it
I see it lists for $950 on the samsung site

Collapse -
it's not on their website
by mamontano / February 3, 2009 7:55 PM PST
In reply to: ln32540 at costco

I'm in virginia. I bought mine about
2 months ago. I'm getting ready to buy
another 1 for my brother. I saw some
in costco 2 weeks ago when i was in there.
I paid $600.00 for mine.

Collapse -
no toshiba's shown on their website either
by mamontano / February 3, 2009 8:36 PM PST

Don't know why they do this.

Collapse -
costco
by winniepoah / February 4, 2009 12:21 PM PST

I called costco and depending which one, they have the 540 but not on the website because they are discontinueing them, so only certain stores have them
anyway, I asked about the extended warrenty and the manufacture is extended a year, but someone told me that that only covers like defective parts, and it is at their discretion
any thoughts on buying a tv at a big box store such as best buy etc and getting a real extended warrenty
Is it worth the extra to buy an extended, usually I am not a fan of them, but with an lcd I am not sure

Collapse -
This might help you answer your question
by elmfrank / February 5, 2009 12:34 AM PST
In reply to: 32" lcd -which one

Hey. This might help answer your question...its an interactive guide with actual advice from an expert that will give you suggestions based on your actual specific needs. It's free and takes maybe 5 minutes or so.

elmlife.com/guide/HDTVBuyingGuide?595

Just as a side note: I don't want anyone to think I am spamming these boards. I do work for the company that created the guide, but I am trying to answer a legitimate question. I truly believe this will be helpful for person...if I didn't I wouldn't be spending my time working to create these guides.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?