The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

3 cheers for ''Angry Tom''! :-D hahaha!

by shawnlin / September 8, 2006 9:39 AM PDT

I like the knowledgable, nice-guy Tom as much as the next BOL listener - but hearing ''Angry Tom'' was definitely my favorite takeaway from Friday's podcast. Very entertaining and still informative!
''Thou shall not install Amazon Unbox''

Tom, feel free to pull that out when warrented.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 3 cheers for ''Angry Tom''! :-D hahaha!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 3 cheers for ''Angry Tom''! :-D hahaha!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Angry tom is awesome!
by Alucard_Bravo / September 8, 2006 10:33 AM PDT

I love BOL, but angry tom is easily the best laugh i have had in the past few weeks (and that includes a trip to the movies for ricky bobby and accepted. They were almost as bad as unbox).

Collapse -
first stealing USB cables and now an angry rant...
by tseshan / September 8, 2006 11:32 AM PDT

I think Tom is exploring his dark side

Collapse -
"the incredible Merrit" :-)
by Jonathan.C / September 8, 2006 3:03 PM PDT

its a nice change...and normally tom's the king of cool, but if he gets very mad over something it's only because that paticular "something" screwed up BIG time. good show tom!

amazon: "c'mon pal, install me, i'm your friend"
tom: "don't make me angry, you wont like it when i'm angry"

--jonathan c

Collapse -
Hulk reference...
by shawnlin / September 9, 2006 1:40 AM PDT

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that...

I wonder what was going to through Veronica's mind when "The Tom" got angry...

Collapse -
by Jonathan.C / September 9, 2006 9:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Hulk reference...

she's always used to bracing for a molly-esque rant attack...i doubt she'd be ready when tom gets mad

tom: "me tom!! me throw rock!!!"
veronica: "where's molly when i need her??"

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) chuckled to myself :)
by robstak / September 9, 2006 7:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
I read the Alpha Blog first
by totosquirt / September 9, 2006 9:16 PM PDT

I first red his post in the Alpha Blog about the Unbox, lol, he didn't sound as mad on the blog, i thought he was just simply complaining...but then when i listened to the podcast, i will just say it was different Happy

*lol, angry tom

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) we want more angry on-hands reviews!
by secullip / September 11, 2006 1:04 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?