I've recently replaced several parts in my desktop and am having a last issue with the audio as my (usb) speakers don't seem to be recognized by the pc at all. The speakers work with my laptop.
The mobo has integrated audio and doesn't fit my previous sound card expansion - though I do have plenty of expansion slots and could purchase a card to try and circumvent the issue.
What I've tried:
- checked bios for audio enabled
- checked hardware connections for flaws
- updated drivers (audio device, usb ports)
- deleted drivers and rebooted (audio device, usb ports)
- tried all backpanel and frontpanel jacks, including offcolor ones
- ensured the specific usb port worked
>no speakers detected
Can anyone help? What am I missing? The one thought I am left with is faulty jack ports on mobo, as it's the only component I didn't purchase brand new (but refurbished).
Running windows 10
MSI x58 pro-e mobo with integrated audio
random cheapish usb speakers
not sure if relevant:
geforce gtx 1060
Intel i7 @ 3.2ghz skylake cpu
850w corsair psu
This one tip will help you sleep better tonight
A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.