General discussion

3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN47B60000 47"

Have been trying to wire up a gaming chair (Rocker)and only option for the PS3 if to keep to HDMI quality is to use the above jack. All options work but involve using componento or composite connections.

How do I enable the 3.5mm audio out jack please?

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: 3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN47B60000 47"
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN47B60000 47"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN47B60000 47

want2cnow,

The chair will have to have its own amplifier, but connecting from 3.5mm from the TV, use your remote and tap in the following:

MENU > SOUND > Speaker Select > External Speaker

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN4

Thanks but sorry it does not. Not even if plugging in normal headphones straight in to the 3.5mm jack.

Any more ideas please? Thanks

- Collapse -
3.5mm audio jack out not working on UN4 -

want2cnow,

It's not an amplified sound, so if it was there through headphones, it might be soft. If the TV isn't muted, and you've tried adjusting the audio signal - maybe from the game console(?) - you might want to call the Samsung customer service center for further assistance or to have a technician take a look at it.

Sound should be porting from the Audio Out port located here:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/audiooutt.jpg

(Just checking to make sure we're talking about the same port)

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Good idea but...

...sorry, model number am having problem with is 46"LED7020. User manual
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=02011500&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=UE46B7020WW

The reverse of the Tv is shown in manual on page 3. As you can see, no obvious 3.5mm output...is it somewhere else, as an example how would I use headphones?

I am connecting by HDMI to maintain the quality. I can get it to work using component/composite but the quality is greatly compromised on the PS3...a 3.5mm jack or another "audio out" that could be used with HDMI would be ideal.

Many thanks.

CNET Forums

Forum Info