It turned out the owner was running "Torrents". See google to learn what that was.
And the ISP had installed software on their end to drop or cap the speed when the owner had hit so many Gigabytes. Now they are asking how to "get around" the ISP's limits.
THAT is a question I have an unacceptable answer for.
Up until about a a week ago I was getting steady connection of 4.2mbps
Suddenly, the internet is horrifically slow, almost seems like im on dial up. I check speed test about 5 times a day and its keep saying 0.40 mbps and in that range, never even 1mbps.
I have tried resetting the modem at least 3 times, tried changed the network channels, and more but nothing works. I'm not sure what caused this.
Modem is a 2wire dsl+wireless G (they are both in 1 modem, combo)
I had to flash the modem and did this about a month ago and it was working fine..