General discussion

2gb ram+512mb graphic crad OR 3 gb ram+integrated video card

Hi ! my friend is planning to buy a dell inspiron 15R, he is confused of two options: '2 gb RAM+ ATI Radeon 5470- 512 mb dedicated graphic card' OR '3 gb RAM+intel HD integrated video card'..
please suggest the better option..

His use is basic , no gaming, just some softwares like autocad and hd movies, videos etc..

Regards:
Amit.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: 2gb ram+512mb graphic crad OR 3 gb ram+integrated video card
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 2gb ram+512mb graphic crad OR 3 gb ram+integrated video card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No gaming means it will not matter.

But it's rare to see a machine with less than 4GB and the 64 bit Windows 7. Why anything less?
Bob

- Collapse -
out of the two please..

actually i recently bought a dell studio 15 core i5,4gb ram, 1 gb radeon hd 5470 graphic card, 64 bit win 7 home premium, and yeah its a gr8 machine.. plays games like F1 2010, battlefield bad company 2 etc smoothly Happy but my friend never plays a game and these 2 options fit into his budget, so do suggest an option out of the two..

- Collapse -
(NT) We can always add ram so the 2GB gets the nod.

CNET Forums

Forum Info