TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

26" to 32" LCD for Xbox

by WeeManFoo / August 11, 2005 11:44 AM PDT

I am currently in the market for an LCD TV that will be in a bedroom. Price from online retailers needs to be under $1,500. I currently don't receive HD programing so the TV will have to have good picture with SD quality basic cable. A built in HDTV tuner would be a nice addition, but is not completely necessary. The TV would primarily be used for SD cable and HD Xbox. The TV will need to have a high response rate for playing video games without smearing. Also, black levels should be better than average to get the full detail out of my games. PC connectivity, while not needed, would be a nice touch for an LCD TV. Sound quality is not an issue because the TV will be connected to external speakers. Size is an issue. The base of the TV can be no wider than 34 1/2". Brands and models I have looked at include most Sharp 26" LCD's including the GA5U, D5U, and D7U; Samsung LN-R268W, a 26" TV with great black levels; LG 26LX1, a 26" with a built in HDTV tuner, cable card slot, and optical audio outputs (I'm pretty sure about that); and the Syntax Olevia LT32HV and the recently announced LT26HVX, the 32" may be a problem with the size of the stand I am putting it on because of the width of the TV's base, also not sure of quality of the two sets. I have also heard rummers of a Hitachi 26" TV to hit the market soon that should meet my criteria. I would like to know which of these TV's would be best in my situation. Also if anyone has other ideas about wich TV I should get, go ahead and recommend them. I am ready for any suggestions for a TV. So far, the TV that stands out to me the most is the LG so if anyone has had any problems with the LG or can find a cheaper price, please leave a post. I would like to buy a TV as soon as possible but if prices will drop drastically after Christmas, I am willing to wait. Please respond.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 26" to 32" LCD for Xbox
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 26" to 32" LCD for Xbox
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
26" to 32" LCD for Xbox
by jcrobso / August 12, 2005 3:43 AM PDT

One other thing to keep mind with an LCD is responce time of the pannel. For gaming 16ms or less is good. John

Collapse -
I'd add the Westinghouse
by Allin4greeN / August 13, 2005 9:15 AM PDT

LTV-32w1 (under $1500) and the due-out in September w3 (pricing unknown) to your list. I own the w1 and use it for XBox gaming, HD/SD reception, and upconverted DVD viewing. It has an 8ms response time among other nice features, good electronics, and the right price. The w3 adds an HDMI input, built-in ATSC tuner, and a few other new tricks. I'm very happy with the w1.

Good luck with your decision.

Collapse -
Thanks.
by WeeManFoo / August 13, 2005 1:41 PM PDT

That sounds like a good choice. I will definately check it out. I'm trying to stay away from smaller name LCD TV's but the quallity gets better in thease cheap LCD's every year. Good advice.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?