Question

23-24 inch IPS monitor under 200 $/€ with good audio?

Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask if someone could recommend an IPS monitor of 23-24 inch size that has good built in audio quality for headphones?
The speakers aren't important, what matters is what sound quality comes out of the headphones. And of course the visuals have to be pleasing enough as well.
Also I'd prefer known brands of course (such as LG, Samsung, Asus, Benq, Dell etc.)

I've previously ordered LG 24MP57VQ-P, although the visual quality was satisfying, the sound while listening with the headphones were horrendous! It had too much treble and almost no bass at all.

If anyone has one of the following, could you please let me know how the audio performs with headphones and additionally the visuals:
- ASUS VX239H
- Acer G7 G247HYL
- Asus VE247H
- LG 24MP55HQ-P
- LG 24MB35PY-B
- LG 24MP47HQ
- LG 24MP77HM-P

Keep the information coming!
Much obliged!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 23-24 inch IPS monitor under 200 $/€ with good audio?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 23-24 inch IPS monitor under 200 $/€ with good audio?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The thing is
- Collapse -
Not for PC gaming

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately I will not be using the monitor for PC gaming, but rather console gaming (in my case PS4).

I can hook up my headphone to the PS4's controller, but the volume is much too low. So the only option I have is to hook it up to my monitor (for example my current Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD display plays very good audio with headphones hooked in).

CNET Forums