Question

2015 lg 65uh5500

lg shut off wont turn on red led blinks but nothing else if i unplug it the plug back in will flash back lights for a few seconds then goes off i replaced main board an an power board same thing they were used supposedly from working units i have checked the power out put as soon as i plug it in its in 80s then after back light flashes drops to 60s an ideas thanks

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: 2015 lg 65uh5500
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 2015 lg 65uh5500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like time to get repair estimates.
- Collapse -
Answer
There's a fix

I upon many LG electronic users have the same issue with my LG 65uh5500 led tv. The issue being no power besides the initial red power light is on, press it and the screen powers up really bright with the LG logo then shuts off with either a solid, or flashing red led light. Well Ultimately The company makes it almost impossible to determine what the cause of the problem is I picked up ATV for $35 yesterday with this issue thinking It was just an ordinary issue such as a power supply main board or whatever upon diagnosing but what I found with researching online was a lot of people are having this issue right around this time about 2 years after they bought this set if not even less I guess it would depend on usage now there's plenty of other things that can go wrong you could always have a bed power supplies hope definitely test with a multi meter and determine what is the cause but more than likely its the back lighting led strips inside the tv I am going to make a small YouTube video and I also have a few pictures I can post in which I'm going to copy and paste this answer on too many different forums to let more people know that there is a fix I did mine last night by swapping a new led strip in from another tv set just Mounted it and wired everything up as it should be just one single strip and One single LED on that strip is causing it to shut down over and over again and will not power on good luck to the do-it-yourself people LG has made it almost impossible to get inside but as long as you're careful with everything you should be alright take very good care of the screen itself do not bend it do not apply pressure anywhere that is not even otherwise you're going to do all this work for nothing also be very careful of the ribbon cables unfortunately for me I got my TV working and had an amazing picture but I damaged one of the cables in the process in which made the repair a failure but also a success so I can provide a little bit of help

- Collapse -
Yo

Did you ever make that video? I would be quite interested in watching it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info