Question

2010 Samsung TV need a compatible sound bar for clarity.

I have tried everything that my Samsung manuel for model PN58C550GIFXZA and Bose 5 sound bar has suggested to no avail. I love my TV it is perfect, now trying to get a compatible sound bar for clarity is another matter. My friend even gave me a
Onkyo TX-SR608 Receiver but no luck. Am I trying options that will not work for me or am I missing something. Help I have been working on this problem for a week and have probably changed every option possible.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 2010 Samsung TV need a compatible sound bar for clarity.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 2010 Samsung TV need a compatible sound bar for clarity.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Almost all work.

I fear this is either someone trying HDMI ARC (nope, don't do that.) Or the settings for optical are not right. I don't own your setup but if nothing works you have a warranty issue. That is, your TV may have a defect. Call Samsung now and if they can't get sound output then it's in need of repair.

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Be more specific on what precisely you have tried already

Otherwise, we can only guess and cannot properly assist.

Example: "I tried running a digital optical cable from HDTV to sound bar" (etc.)

Please be verbose.

CNET Forums

Forum Info