HolidayBuyer's Guide

Auto Repair forum

General discussion

2002 Jeep Liberty DTC P0352

by mcmufftcp / February 27, 2008 1:25 AM PST

While driving home from Salt Lake City, UT to Boise, ID, I experienced a loss of power approx. 150 miles into my 320-ish mile trip. The Malfunction Indicator Light (light with engine symbol) was flashing as I continued to try and drive to the closest town. I was able to continue driving at speeds between 70 and 80 mph with the acceleration pedal to the floor and several decreases in power for approx. 30 miles. I finally pulled over when I was unable to maintain a decent speed after down shifting to get up a small hill.
The Jeep has less than 40,000 miles and my husband filled the nearly empty gas tank in Salt Lake with 85 Octane gas. He mentioned that the gas cap did not seem to go on right and that he did not bother to reseat it. While waiting for a tow truck, I did uncap the gas cap, which may have felt a little loose and recap it tightly. The tow truck got me to town, however it being a Sunday afternoon in rural Idaho, nothing was open. When I started the car, the MIL was on (no longer flashing) and drove the car to a gas station. This time there was no hestitation (loss of power) while driving. I filled up my 1/2 full tank with 91 octane gas and added a fuel additive hoping my problem was bad gas or something. I managed to drive home to Boise with no problems except that the MIL stayed on. (I drove at speeds of 85mph up and over several different grades and the car did not emit any strange or loud noises.)
Since the MIL light was still on, I took the car to a local garage. They tapped into the computer and got the following code: P0352 Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction. The car's computer has been reset and the light is now off. The car starts and drives fine. Should I be concerned and take the car to a dealer to see if there is something wrong with the ignition coil or wait and see if the problem reoccurs and hope it doesn't leave me stranded somewhere?
Thank you for any and all help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 2002 Jeep Liberty DTC P0352
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 2002 Jeep Liberty DTC P0352
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.