Rant

$2000 2year old Samsng LCD TV power cyling and Samsung wil

I an a Canadian Samsung Tv owner with a defected Lcd tv that power cycles on and off. I loked online and seen many people with the same problem, I also seen the class action lawsuit settleent in Oklahoma. The problem is that my tv is prettymuch the same as the ones listed in the suit but because I am in canada the model number is slightly differnet.mytv is a ln40b540p8fxzc.
So I contated Samsung and this iswhat they said,"
Dear Juan Guevara,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the TV and it is turning on and off.

We are sorry to hear that.

We see that there are no reported issues with your TV model.

As your TV is out of warranty you need to pay the service charges to get the device serviced.

Please write back to us with the following details, so that we can assist you further with the service center details:

Mailing address:
Postal code:
Model number:
Serial number:
Place and Date of purchase:

Please get the device serviced to fix the issue.

Thank you for contacting Samsung.
Kind regards,
Steve
Samsung Customer Care
http://www.samsung.com/ca"
They want me to fix it after it is a know defect in all their models from around the same manufacter date, prior to 2009. I will not give them a penny more and will never buy a samsung product again. I owned the galaxy s , currently own the s2 and was thinking of getting the s3. What really suks is I loved samsung before this, but this experience hastainted my opinion of them. To bad, I $2000 tv should last more then 3 years dont you think? Also for anyone thinking of getting a samsung TV , Pleas eheed my words, PLEASE DONT, it might work find for the 1st or 2nd yr but I guaentee you it will fail. If you are ok with renting a Samsung TV for $2000 for 2 yrs thenby all means by it.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: $2000 2year old Samsng LCD TV power cyling and Samsung wil
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: $2000 2year old Samsng LCD TV power cyling and Samsung wil
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums