Question

20 mbps enough for streaming video?

We've had DSL and lots of problems. We're now switching to Time Warner Turbo (20 mbps) and think that will be enough but the person signing us up suggested 30 mbps We do not game, just stream video. Smart tv and not so smart tv directly hooked up to computer. Thoughts?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 20 mbps enough for streaming video?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 20 mbps enough for streaming video?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Streaming

Geez, that should be enough but more is always better. If you are running hardwire hook ups it should be ok but remember wireless hook ups are a little different, bandwidth draw, proximity, etc. But if you can get 30mbps for not a lot more pecunium it might be worth it.

- Collapse -
Answer
More than enough . . .

I have Time Warner 15 Mb/s and there's nothing I can't stream.

BTW, I have the "turbo" option also. Don't hold your breath on getting 20 Mb/s. The person signing you up is on commission, what do you think?

And BTW, the "turbo" option will only give you bursts of above 15 Mb/s. It is NOT steady.

CNET Forums