Laptops forum

General discussion

2 512 sticks of viking sodimm 133 mhz notebook memory

by lilsly2004 / October 26, 2004 7:40 AM PDT

just what i said 2 512 sticks of Viking sodimm 133mhz sodimm notebook memory, was given to me for bday by brother who said it would work with my laptop and it doesnt.. need to sale to get some that will work.. or trade for some for a dell 600m 1.6 ghz pentium m
make offer... will sell individually or together..

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=513667&CatId=553 <---- url to the memory..

is this the right forum to post this in, sorry i didnt see a for sale section...
email - cdsly@bsu.edu
$125 per stick sounds fair to me.. if you dont think it is, email me we can work something out..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 2 512 sticks of viking sodimm 133 mhz notebook memory
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 2 512 sticks of viking sodimm 133 mhz notebook memory
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: 2 512 sticks of viking sodimm 133 mhz notebook memory
by KenSanramon / October 26, 2004 8:56 AM PDT

You likely need PC2700 notebook RAM or PC2100 notebook RAM ...

Fry's Electronics has a 1 day sale on 512mb PC2100 RAM today for only 69.99 -- good luck selling your older 133mhz memory for those prices (especially without the manufacturer's lifetime warranty).

I got Kingston PC2700 512mb notebook memory for my Compaq X1000 series about 2 months ago also on sale at Fry's Electronics for 69.99 also (after rebate).

Circuit City has Centon notebook memory PC2700 512mb on sale this week for 89.99 after rebates.

You can check on the exact notebook memory type you need by entering your notebook model at www.crucial.com

Collapse -
Re: 2 512 sticks of viking sodimm 133 mhz notebook memory
by KenSanramon / October 26, 2004 9:09 AM PDT

That link you have shows that Tiger direct is charging an even higher price for that older non-ddr type of memory (I had PC100 memory in my Windows 3.1 desktop 10 years ago) as it is not sold in any current notebooks I am aware of.

The problem is that many notebooks made at that time did not even have a RAM capacity higher than 256mb.

At any rate perhaps someone out there needs it.

You should not have to pay more than $110 or even under $100 as I have mentioned above for the current PC2700 (333mhz) or PC2100 notebook RAM used in most notebooks selling in the recent past.

And, no this is not the product sales forum area.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.