Question

1998.5 Cummins Speedometer and ABS problem

I have a 1998.5 24 valve cummins in a ram 2500 and I have been having intermittent speedometer problems. My abs light has come on and also my brake light on the dash. When my brake light is on my speedo works. When it turns off my speedo goes out. I have replaced my sensors and i have checked all the wiring from the speed sensors to the abs module. I have no communication between my scanner and the abs module and when i took the truck to the dealership with a junk yard abs module to have it reflashed they said they couldnt get it to accept the vin number. I then took the truck home and plugged in my scanner and i could not communicate with the new module. And I put in my old module and could not communicate with it. All fuses are good. Im really at a loss and im not sure what to try next. Hence why im posting on this forum.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: 1998.5 Cummins Speedometer and ABS problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 1998.5 Cummins Speedometer and ABS problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info