Speakeasy forum

Praise

14yr boy shoots dirtbag or

by Tony Holmes / June 24, 2012 12:36 AM PDT

"Boy,did I pick the wrong house".

The teen heard a bang on the door, rushed his siblings upstairs and got a handgun from his parent's bedroom. When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a man breaking through the front door and point a gun at him.

This kid had the proper mental attitude and was obviously trained to handle a weapon.He took careful aim and did not hesitate at the moment of truth,plus he fired only one round.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/23/phoenix-boy-14-shoots-armed-intruder-while-watching-three-younger-siblings/?test=latestnews

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 14yr boy shoots dirtbag or
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 14yr boy shoots dirtbag or
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Saw that story, been waiting...
by James Denison / June 24, 2012 2:43 AM PDT

...for the Liberals to attack the family next. Probably will hold off till more info is released, but maybe, just maybe, they will do as usual and go batty beforehand.

Collapse -
Why would you think
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 24, 2012 9:44 PM PDT

that Democrat's would say this was wrong?

As I understand it very few if any Democrats are campaigning for guns to be made illegal, nor are they saying that self-defense is illegal.

It's strange how you think Democrats are pacifists. FDR wasn't and neither was JFK.

Even me, communist sympathiser from Europe, (according to many), applaud this young man's courage and actions.

Mark

Collapse -
most of them
by James Denison / June 25, 2012 3:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Why would you think

believe a 14 yr old shouldn't have access to a gun and would like to regulate that. I believe parents should make the decision on whether their teen is responsible enough to have access to the gun. We already have laws that penalize parents if a gun is used by a teen in an improper situation.

Collapse -
Well that's true
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: most of them

You don't think 14 yr olds should go around with a gun do you? Does that make you a Liberal?

In this case the situation appears to justify the actions. Why would any Democrat disagree with that?

Mark

Collapse -
The world has changed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: most of them

When I was 14 we had guns and more. This varies a lot with regions and countries but not long ago, you would not dare to break into a home in certain areas.

Collapse -
there are guns, and then there are guns
by grimgraphix / June 25, 2012 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: The world has changed.

Access to a lite gauge shotgun or rifle is common enough to kids who are 13, where I come from.

I would point out that most "liberals" are referring to hand guns or automatic weapons when they talk about gun laws.

Most children who are hurt by accidental shootings where wounded by hand guns.

Collapse -
I was just thinking about that
by James Denison / June 25, 2012 5:43 AM PDT

My first was a .22 rifle. My Dad's was a .410 "over under" shotgun. Weaker guns than adults used.

Collapse -
High School brings on the deer rifles
by grimgraphix / June 26, 2012 3:09 PM PDT

for the brushy wooded ridges in WV, a 30-06 is a good choice or a 12 gauge with a pumpkin ball or rounded slug. When the steep ridges give way to rolling hills and grassy meadows, a .270 with a good scope becomes a great choice.

I always liked a .410 or 20 gauge for squirrel hunting, or a .22 if you were a really good shot and had a decent squirrel dog that would walk the critter from the far side of a tree into your sights.

Collapse -
I just hope that it was an extremely painful wound.........
by Tony Holmes / June 25, 2012 7:39 AM PDT

from a large caliber handgun.

What was the alterrnative? Four dead kids and heartbroken parents?? The kid did good and his parents should be proud!

I must admit the kid was much more generous than I would have been.If it was my home,that garbage would have been face to face with "Ole Painless",my Mossberg that I keep loaded with 3in mag double ought buck.If I was in a bad mood,I would have pumped a 2nd round.

Interesting tactic these morons use though,they send a female to the door and get the home owner to drop his guard.They figure that even if the homeowner has a gun,he won't have it in his hand when he sees a woman at the door.The door opens and it's all over Sad

Collapse -
Did you see this other Phoenix story?
by James Denison / June 24, 2012 3:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
yet another which involves a female member of gang
by James Denison / June 24, 2012 4:44 AM PDT
3 Hispanics involved in this one (seen images on another arrest site). Not sure if the timeline matches up with the other invasion where a gang member was shot.The method is very similar too. Arizona has been getting a lot of flack over trying to control illegal immigrants, but then look at the crime explosion they are dealing with there.
Collapse -
I'm begining to wonder if that 14yr old did the cops a favor
by Tony Holmes / June 25, 2012 6:37 AM PDT

and busted an organized gang?? You know the cops will grill the hell out of the wounded dirtbag and he'll probably rat out his female partner.

Collapse -
it's times like that

when you say, "there is a God..."

Collapse -
Home Video Cam Catches Home Invaders
by James Denison / June 24, 2012 4:57 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.