Question

144hz with gtx 750?

Dec 29, 2019 10:16AM PST

In short I'm an osu player and was looking to upgrade to 144hz monitor with 1ms response time. I usually have 480 FPS in osu with this graphics card (gtx 750) however i just wanna make sure I don't waste my money for no improvement. I don't know much about monitors but i heard that not all connections support 144hz so I was wondering if it would work.

And if this gpu is not compatible what upgrade would you recommend (12gb of ram, fx 6300, gtx 750, some random black list 500w PSU)

Post was last edited on December 29, 2019 10:24 AM PST

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: 144hz with gtx 750?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 144hz with gtx 750?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
It's true.
Dec 29, 2019 10:29AM PST

HDMI may be only 30 or 60. Since there are so many old 750s out there I can't guess if yours has DISPLAYPORT which would be the choice for other than the usual standard 50 and 60Hz display connections.

- Collapse -
Here is my gpu
Dec 29, 2019 11:02AM PST
My gpu

My gpu doesn't have a display port, only a dvi, vga and hdmi.

So if thats the case should i just go for upgrading my gpu first and then buying a 144hz screen?
- Collapse -
For me to give a nod here.
Dec 29, 2019 11:43AM PST

What 144Hz monitor were you considering? If it had VGA, DisplayPort then it may be OK. I'm not finding a lot of 144Hz here with DVI so I think those are passing the way of the floppy disc.

- Collapse -
it cant be vga/dvi
Dec 30, 2019 3:09AM PST

from what i know vga and dvi don't support 144hz, the only connections that can support it are Display ports and hdmi newer than 1.3 and 1.4 i don't remember. But after finding that out i was confused as i don't know if 1.3 refers to the port on the gpu or the actual cable itself. this made me unsure of buying the monitor as there would be no point if i couldn't use it's full potential.

- Collapse -
Oh really?
Dec 30, 2019 10:08AM PST

Sorry but why should I debate you on this.

You DID NOT reveal which MONITOR you wanted to use so I can't pull all this together.

Since you only have the 750 we KNOW that you have to stick to 1080p so tell me which monitor and I'll look into this a little more.

Meanwhile consider these monitors: Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76KPzzMccjM

CNET Forums

Forum Info