Resolved Question

144hz on hdmi

I recently bought a dell d2719hgf monitor which can go to 144hz but when I try to game it keeps turning on and off but when I exit it returns to normal. My question is is it because I’m using the included hdmi cable or do I have to use a DisplayPort cable?

Discussion is locked
Thecoolguy816393 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer
Follow
Reply to: 144hz on hdmi
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 144hz on hdmi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
It's a known HDMI limitation.

Use DP cables.

- Collapse -
Oh ok thank you

I’m going to buy a dp cable now

- Collapse -
Answer
144hz and hdmi is supported

That does not mean the hdmi port on that monitor will support it.

Since dell seems to be keeping it a secret what their hdmi monitor port will support you will need to give them a call and ask.

- Collapse -
Yes, HDMI the spec allows it.

But rarely implemented. So rare that for now I just go with displayport when the client wants to go outside of the usual 50/60 Hz.

- Collapse -
True

This would have been easier if dell had shown the spec on their hdmi port.

CNET Forums