PC Hardware forum

General discussion

1155,1156 motherboard's

Do any of these mobo's support 2 pcie at x16 each? or do they all split into x8? if so what manufacturer's and models. thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 1155,1156 motherboard's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 1155,1156 motherboard's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google'd that

In reply to: 1155,1156 motherboard's

Collapse -
Re 1156...looks there's at least one... to find others

In reply to: 1155,1156 motherboard's

Collapse -
Sorry meant that to read '1155 ...looks like there's at

In reply to: Re 1156...looks there's at least one... to find others

Collapse -

In reply to: Sorry meant that to read '1155 ...looks like there's at

thanks I found out that p55 and p67 only support 2 gpu's at x8/x8. I have to go with the x58 chipset

Collapse -
What's your source ? The links I provided clearly

In reply to: 1155,1156

indicate products with 2 PCIe X16 slots running at 16X.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
I see what you're saying. On the otherhand....

In reply to: my source

and here's what the Gigabyte product manuals say about the Gigabyte GA-PA55A-UD7 and also the GA-PA67A-UD7 respectively. Perhaps Gigabyte is wrong but it sure looks like these products both say they offer 2 PCIe X16 running at X16. Do you read the Gigabyte info same ?

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-p55a-ud7_e.pdf

"Expansion Slots ? 2 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2) (Note 2)
? 2 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2) (Note 3)
? 1 x PCI Express x1 slot (The PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2, PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2, and PCIEX1 slots con- form to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
? 2 x PCI slots"

Note 2 says
"(Note 2) For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots.

The GA-P67A-UD7 shows same...

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-p67a-ud7_e.pdf

"Expansion Slots
2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)??
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots."

Given the information and the prices....I'd be looking at all the MBs with dual PCIe X16 slots running at X16 if that was a required capability. The GA-PA55A-UD7 and PA67A-UD7 are very pricey versions of the socket 1156 and 1366- based MBs.

I just looked at Newegg.com and they are now showing over 30 MBs based on Intel socket 1155. Last night there were none.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
p67

In reply to: I see what you're saying. On the otherhand....

Thanks but that ud7 board seems to be out of stock every and might not be restocked but I am definately interested in the p67 board I didnt want to spend all that money to go x58. thanks

Collapse -
on second thought

In reply to: I see what you're saying. On the otherhand....

I just saw the price of that ud7 mobo and have changed my mind. They have had the p67 based boards and cpu's up on directron all weekend

Collapse -
here is one of the boards that will run x16/x16

In reply to: What's your source ? The links I provided clearly

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.