PSU: CX650 +80 Bronze semi modular
RAM: 2 8gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance
Cooling: Corsair H115i
Case: Mastercase Pro 5
HDD: 1 TB

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 1060 Showdown
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 1060 Showdown
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
You'll have to find reviews comparing these.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2017 8:54 AM PDT
In reply to: 1060 Showdown

Try searching with google.com

Collapse -
Answer
Gpu
by Bob__B / September 4, 2017 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: 1060 Showdown

I doubt it will much matter.
Pick the one that's cheapest.

Collapse -
Outside of overclocked models.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2017 9:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Gpu

For the most part I see these usually turn in benchmarks within a percent of each other.

This is why you check reviews but model availability changes over time. HOWEVER if I were to shop a GPU I'd stick inside the best sellers. Example:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/pc/284822/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_pc_1_3_last shows four 1060 cards at the moment. I'd compare these. Might just get the top seller if I was buying.

Collapse -
Gpu
by Bob__B / September 4, 2017 10:29 AM PDT

If money is no object then you spend the time to go through benchmarks and buy the best of the best.

At the end of the day if you plugged the top 10 into a machine and ran games the difference would be minimal.

Collapse -
Change of GPU
by Kebon101 / September 8, 2017 8:30 PM PDT

Sorry guys for the confusion. I realized that i will buy a 1070 gigabyte xtreme gaming but
I was worried about the cards size interfering with other components on the board. My case should be large enough, but my main concern was the card being fairly large and not fitting due to something else on the board.

Collapse -
Gpu
by Bob__B / September 8, 2017 8:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Change of GPU

You get the card specs L/W/H and do some measuring and eye-balling around the slot your going to use.

Collapse -
Re
by Kebon101 / September 9, 2017 2:22 AM PDT

I don't have many components attached im my motherboard just my 2 8gb corsair vengeance, corsair h115i cpu cooler. Thats all. I am worried if the ram slots will block the graphics card upon installarion coz base on the location of the ram slots and the pci-e slot are very close. I wonder if the 1070 xtreme gaming's backplate will have an issue with it.

Collapse -
Re: slots
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 9, 2017 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Re

I don't think they will put the slot the slot on a motherboard in such a position that it can't be used. Did you ask the shop?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?