HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

100% utilisation on battery

by mansi1905 / July 21, 2009 8:17 AM PDT

Hello everyone,
I am facing some problems with my hp laptop.
I took out the battery and reinserted it again, nt nw my laptop works
slower on battery, I dont know what is the reason.
It shows a very high cpu utilisation on battery.
It usd to work perfectly fine before taking out the battery.
I tried changing the power options but it does not help.
someone pls help me....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 100% utilisation on battery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 100% utilisation on battery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this old trick.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2009 10:20 AM PDT

Read and try http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?messageID=3056153&tag=forums06;posts#3056153

Also read http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1248221841183+28353475&threadId=1255620 so you can start thinking about XP issues if this OS is not what the machine came with or has suffered some malware, virus or registry cleaning damage.

NO, I HAVE YET TO FIX THIS WITHOUT REINSTALLING THE OS.

It's also possible you took the battery out incorrectly (like the laptop was on AC?) and fried it.
Bob

Collapse -
re: 100% CPU utilisation on battery
by mansi1905 / July 21, 2009 4:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Try this old trick.

thnks fr replying bob..
I tried your first trick, but in the Device Manager both my battery components are acpi only, and apart from that, no other battery Drivers are listed.

My lptop wokkf fine on battery except that it is slow, my keyboard and mouse also work fine on battery, besides, when i put my laptop after reinserting the battery once again on battery, it worked fine fr 5 mins, and then after 5 mins it became slow, so maybe its not a battery problem. And also my laptop originally came with xp only.

Please help...

Collapse -
Looks grim.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2009 9:34 PM PDT

Looks like you damaged the OS or the machine. Reload the OS and if it still does it then ask how much for repairs.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.