Speakeasy forum

General discussion

$100 billion will get you a loaf of bread

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: $100 billion will get you a loaf of bread
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: $100 billion will get you a loaf of bread
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I noticed the last paragraph

In reply to: $100 billion will get you a loaf of bread

Independent civic groups, meanwhile, report cheap goods already distributed earlier this month to designated shops in provincial towns being sold only to buyers carrying ruling party membership cards.

I don't see any way out of it. The "ruling party" has a stranglehold on everything. The fellow who actually won the election had to leave because of the violence led by the loser.

With the unemployment rate at 80%, and the food shelves nearly empty, the populace is probably too weak to revolt and they lack the tools to do so.

A nice really big big army with air support armed to the teeth sounds good. But it's a sovereign country.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
Collapse -
It seems something is getting through to him

In reply to: I noticed the last paragraph

Zimbabwe to begin power-sharing talks

HARARE ? Zimbabwe's opposition and the ruling party of President Robert Mugabe will sign a deal on Monday laying down a framework for formal talks to end a deep crisis, both sides said.

An official of the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) said its leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, would sign the deal with Mr. Mugabe, who won a June 27 presidential election boycotted by Mr. Tsvangirai and widely condemned as unfree by Western nations.

A smaller MDC faction will also sign the document, which according to sources, calls for two weeks of negotiations on broad aspects of the crisis, including the formation of a unity government and how to hold the next elections.

But "sharing" is too much
Collapse -
What "crisis"?

In reply to: It seems something is getting through to him

The "ruling party" is eating, has soap and laundry detergent, and is probably the 20% that has work.

IMO, this is just for international show.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I wonder how much...

In reply to: It seems something is getting through to him

I wonder how much Lloyds of London would charge for a life insurance policy on Morgan Tsvangirai.

Collapse -
Easy solution.

In reply to: I noticed the last paragraph

Arm the 80% other. Equality will happen.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.