NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE OR PROVINCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc. 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI")
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the CNET Winter Wonderland Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "cnet.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smart phone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you to access this Sweepstakes, you may also enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you chose to access this Sweepstakes via a wireless device, you may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile and wireless service is offered on an 'as is' basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional amounts at any time by giving you prior notice and/or it may discontinue service if you disagree to additional charges.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of one (1) of the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec); and (b) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence or province, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes (c) sign up for CNET and agree to receive the CNET Insider Newsletter. There is no cost to the Newsletter and participants can unsubscribe to the newsletter at anytime. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the U.S., in all other U.S. territories and possessions in the province of Quebec and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion begins on December 3, 2015 at 12:00 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 16, 2015 (the "Promotion Period"). The Sweepstakes is divided into ten (10) daily entry periods. (each a "Daily Entry Period"). Each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:00 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT. Daily Entry Periods and drawing dates are as follows:
Daily Entry Period 1 (December 3, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 4, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 2 (December 4, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 7, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 3 (December 7, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 8, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 4 (December 8, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 9, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 5 (December 9, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 10, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 6 (December 10, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 11, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 7 (December 11, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 14, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 8 (December 14, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 15, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 9 (December 15, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 16, 2015.
Daily Entry Period 10 (December 16, 2015). The random prize drawing will be conducted on or around December 17, 2015.
4. Entering the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes users need to go to the CBSI Service, sign into your existing account or create a CNET account. Then, create your holiday wish list, provide your e-mail address, agree to receive the CNET Insider Newsletter and to these Official Rules and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. There is no fee to register in the Sweepstakes. Participants may share the Sweepstakes with friends and will receive one (1) additional entry for each friend that signs up. Limit of five (5) shares per person per Daily Entry Period for a maximum of six (6) daily entries per person per Daily Entry period.
5. Prizes. The Sweepstakes will award one daily prize (each a "Daily Prize(s), collectively the "Prize(s)"). Each Daily Prize is outlined below:
Daily Entry Prize 1: One (1) check for Fifty Dollars. Total approximate retail value ("ARV") of Daily Prize 1 is Fifty Dollars (US$50.00).
Daily Entry Prize 2: One (1) check for Seventy Five Dollars. Total ARV of Seventy Five Dollars (US$75.00).
Daily Entry Prize 3: One (1) check for One Hundred Dollars. Total ARV Daily Prize 3 is One Hundred Twenty Five Dollars (US$125.00).
Daily Entry Prize 4: One (1) check for One Hundred Fifty Dollars. Total ARV Daily Prize 4 is One Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$150.00).
Daily Entry Prize 5: One (1) check for Two Hundred Fifty Dollars. Total ARV Daily Prize 5 is Two Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$250.00).
Daily Entry Prize 6: One (1) check for Three Hundred Fifty Dollars. Total ARV Daily Prize 6 is Three Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$350.00).
Daily Entry Prize 7: One (1) check for Four Hundred Fifty Dollars. Total ARV of Daily Prize 7 is Four Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$450.00).
Daily Entry Prize 8: One (1) check for Five Hundred Fifty Dollars. Total ARV of Daily Prize 8 is Five Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$550.00).
Daily Entry Prize 9: One (1) check for One Thousand Dollars. Total ARV of Daily Prize 9 is One Thousand Dollars (US$1000.00).
Daily Entry Prize 10: One (1) check for Two Thousand Dollars. Total ARV of Daily Prize 10 is Two Thousand Dollars (US$2,000.00).
Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Five Thousand Dollars (US$5,000).
6. Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the each Daily Entry Period. The Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Any potential winner (a "Winner") who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline in order to be declared a Winner. The potential Winners will be notified by email. Potential Winners will be asked to provide their personal information such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select one (1) alternate per Daily Prize. If no contact has been made with an alternate after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days, the Prize shall not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local, provincial and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winners may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select a Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prize and Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2015 to "Winner's list, CNET Winter Wonderland Sweepstakes" c/o CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc. 28 E. 28th St, New York, NY 10016. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: CNET Winter Wonderland Sweepstakes" for receipt by December 31, 2015. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CNET Service.