I love the Geneva auto show for its blend of fashion and engineering; concept cars to showroom rides. The 2007 event did not disappoint. As with every major car show I cover, the first thing people ask me is "what did you like?" So here's my personal Top 5 from Geneva (excluding the Hotel des Bergues, which is always my favorite thing about Geneva.)
5. New Ford Mondeo - Because I dream of Ford bringing its cool Euro cars here one day.
4. New Mercedes C Class - Because it's a C Class you won't have to make excuses for.
3. New BMW M3 - Gotta' love the first 3 with a V8, though it's still technically a concept.
2. The New Audi A5 - Just doesn't look at all like the Audi you're picturing in your head right now.
1. Maserati Gran Turismo - because that is a gorgeous car (even if they did borrow the rear end from a Lexus IS.)
BTW, here's a roundup of cars I thought were worth a fly-by but weren't exactly earth-shattering.
If you want to just see the concept cars, here's a playlist of them.
And if you're the comprehensive type, here's the master list of all our Geneva vids.(P.S.: Up next on our car show circuit are New York, Frankfurt, and Tokyo.)