Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has fallen.
And the mushroom cloud is substantial.
Dee DeCasa was in her home in Honolulu, Hawaii on Sunday morning. She'd just gotten herself a replacement Note 7.
As the Associated Press reports, DeCasa was looking at the Samsung website on her new phone. She wanted to double-check that it wasn't going to blow up on her.
"Then boom, there was like a pop," she says. "I had it in my hand and then smoke started spewing out, this green yucky thing."
Now DeCasa has released footage from DeCasa's security camera inside her home.
It shows her carrying the smoking phone gingerly. Her husband comes over to help her.
It's unclear from the footage what she and her husband ultimately do with the phone, but DeCasa said they put it in an aluminum pan and called 911. It was still allegedly smoking 20 minutes later when the police arrived.
Her husband believes the plastic case may have saved his wife from more serious injury.
Samsung didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
However, the company told KHON-TV: "We are engaged with the DeCasa family to ensure we are doing everything we can for them."
DeCasa said the company promised to send a representative on Tuesday to examine the phone.
Samsung has admitted that at least five replacement phones have exploded. There may be more. A Kentucky man said he ended up in hospital after his Note 7 caught fire.
For her part, DeCasa is sure of her feelings about the phone.
"I love the phone, but will I buy another one? Heck, no," she told KHON.
This footage, though, allows one to imagine another nasty eventuality. If one of these phones exploded on a plane -- as one did recently on a Southwest flight -- the shock and panic might be considerable.