First, congrats to Drew P. of Battle Creek, Mich., who won last week's awesome Toshiba HDTV/Bluray player combo. Now on to this week's giveaway, which brings us back to the audio realm with SRS Labs iWow 3D audio-enhancement adapter for iPhone, iPod and iPad.
That's right, you plug this little dongle into your iOS device and through some digital trickery, your music, movies, and games get a literal sound boost with a more open sound stage. There's also a free iWOW app that goes along with the dongle that allows you to refine and customize your settings.
Here's what SRS has to say about the accessory:
Utilizing patented SRS technologies, SRS iWOW 3D effectively and naturally restores the audio cues that are buried in the original source material, allowing the user to experience renewed clarity and detail. The result: Music and videos sound more natural, the way the artist originally intended, and are infinitely more enjoyable. The immersive 3-D audio, ultra-clear definition, and deep, rich bass will make you say "WOW!" after just one listen.
Normally, the iWOW 3D would cost around $60, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win the iWOW? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) SRS Labs iWow3D audio enhancement adapter for iPhone, iPod and iPad with a retail value of $60.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 11, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on July 11, 2011. See official rules for details.