Google's highly anticipated new Chrome operating system won't be here until 2011, but we got our hands on five prototype Chrome OS notebooks courtesy of Google. We are happily giving them away to you, our cherished readers, in our Chrome OS sweepstakes.
Important: Unlike our usual Crave giveaways, which you enter by posting a comment, the rules here are different, so please follow the instructions below on how to enter.
How do you enter to win this notebook of the future? Here are the rules. Please read them carefully:
- Become a follower of @cnet on Twitter.com. To enter this Sweepstakes, you must be a follower of @cnet on Twitter.com. If you are not currently a follower of @cnet on Twitter, go to https://twitter.com/cnet and click on the button in the top-left corner of the page that says "follow"; then Tweet the required phrase and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Tweet the required phrase. Tweet this exact phrase (copy and paste): I entered the @cnet #ChromeOS Sweepstakes for a chance to win a Chrome OS notebook: http://bit.ly/dOgTmx
- Tweet only once. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you tweet more than once, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. Five winners will receive (1) one Chrome OS notebook with a retail value of $300.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via Twitter Direct Message. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries for the Chrome OS Notebook can be submitted until Wednesday, December 22, at noon PT.
- Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59 a.m. PT on December 22, 2010 (the "Promotion Period").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM PT on December 22, 2010. Seefor details. Good luck.