Wednesday's CNET Update is watching Windows:
A Microsoft executive revealed that 40 million licenses of Windows 8 have been sold since it came out last month. These numbers include both consumers and manufacturers, so Windows 8 isn't in 40 million homes. But to compare, Windows 7 hit sales of 60 million the first two months. Some say Windows 8 is off to an awkward start, and there is a learning curve with the new system.
Also in today's tech news roundup:
- Gmail works with Google Drive to let users send 10GB files.
- Vimeo makes it easier to create and share videos on its new iPhone app.
- Skype's updated iOS app lets users connect with a Microsoft account.
- Rdio gave its streaming music player a new look on Android and iOS.
- Xbox has an update to fix issues with SmartGlass and Xbox Music.
- Outlook.com boasts 25 million active users and now has its own Android app.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.