If you've been itching to try VR for yourself, then we have good news for your eyeballs (and, by association, you): Sony is pairing up with Westfield to demoin eight shopping centres up and down the east coast.
The virtual reality roadshow will let shoppers try out PlayStation VR and enter for a chance to win their own VR setup (RRP AU$549). The timing is certainly deliberate -- Sony wants to spruik PlayStation VR ahead of the Australian launch on October 13.
You'll need to go online to register your interest, and then you'll be notified when bookings are open for the eight Westfield centres offering the demos:
- Westfield Southland (VIC) -- 10th, 11th September 2016
- Westfield Knox (VIC) -- 17th, 18th September 2016
- Westfield Belconnen (ACT) -- 24th, 25th September 2016
- Westfield Parramatta (NSW) -- 8th, 9th October 2016
- Westfield Bondi (NSW) -- 15th, 16th October 2016
- Westfield Chatswood (NSW) -- 22nd, 23rd & 29th, 30th October 2016
- Westfield Hornsby (NSW) -- 12th, 13th November 2016
- Westfield Garden City (QLD) -- 19th, 20th & 26th, 27th November 2016
The CNET Australia team had the chance to try PlayStation VR late last year and it was pretty awesome. The demos on offer are certainly gimmicky, but who doesn't love driving a getaway car, fighting off zombies and surviving an attack in a shark cage?
Here's a taste of what PlayStation VR has to offer. Don't say we didn't warn you...