We're halfway through the week, but that doesn't mean we're slowing down; on the contrary, we're bringing you a handful of glorious science, tech and Godzilla goodness. Our first story could be a window into the future of your visits to the doctor, with micrograbbing objects swimming through your body to collect samples; the second story is about a killer Godzilla movie theater and hotel opening this April in Tokyo, Japan; and our last story is all about what you can accomplish with free time and knowledge.
There are two sweet modifications that made the show today, too: A retro toaster converted into a fully functional NES and a working PlayStation with Midgar (the main city from Final Fantasy VII) built on top. You probably won't find Aerith inside that miniature Midgar, though. Sorry.
Tomorrow Daily 135 [mp3]: Biodegradable robots working in your body, the Godzilla Hotel and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- John Hopkins University working on biodegradable "micrograbbers" designed for non-invasive medical procedures
- Stay a night in Tokyo's Godzilla Hotel, while the great movie monster himself watches over you
- Retired engineer Seth Goldstein creates RO-BOW, a sculpture that plays violin better than we do
- Mod Squad: MakoMod's Midgar PlayStation , and
- User Feedback: Your #TDSenses feedback, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: