Ever since we laid eyes on Rosie the Robot from "The Jetsons," all we've ever wanted is a sassy robot maid to help us around the house. The Patin concept from Flower Robotics in Japan isn't quite a fully functioning android who can dust and make our meals, but the robot does feature a swappable peripheral socket, making its potential pretty vast (not to mention exciting).
Would you pick up a little robot like this one, and if you did, what kind of accessory would you want for it? Khail would probably want a Patin with an optional pizza oven attachment, and Ashley would definitely pick one that makes pancakes. Easy.
Tomorrow Daily 089 [mp3]: Multifunctional home robots, high-tech waiters, computer magic and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- Patin is a robot with a socket for all kinds of multipurpose accessories, looks awesome
- Paris restaurant "WHO" gives servers and cooks wearables, tablets and phones for efficient service
- London university teaches a computer card tricks for magicians to someday use
- Back It or Hack It: Seeing-I (man lives vicariously through another person via VR)
- User feedback: Our Phonetographer of the Day (and an extra day for #TDMovieLife responses)
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow, and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: