CNET también está disponible en español.

Ir a español

Don't show this again

Tech Industry

Radius sells Mac clone business to Umax

Umax Data Systems has announced it will buy Radius's Macintosh clone business. Company officials say they plan to market a new line of Mac clones later this year.

    Taiwan-based Umax Data Systems has announced it will buy Radius's Macintosh clone business.

    Umax officials say they will form a new company called Umax Computer Corporation to produce a line of Macintosh clone computers. The new company will be based in Fremont, California.

    Radius will own a 19.9 percent share of the new company, while Umax will keep the other 80.1 percent.

    Company officials say they plan to release the new product line in the spring under the brand name SuperMac.