Follow these simple steps and change an icon into an image (with alpha):
- First, highlight your application from the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Press (Command + I) to "Get Info".
- In the "Get Info" window, click on the tiny icon in the top-left corner. You will notice it becomes highlighted.
- Press (Command + C) to copy the icon.
- Open the Preview application.
- Press (Command + N). This will open a new Preview document with the contents of your clipboard (your icon). You will notice that the Preview file contains the entire ICNS information.
- Simply press (Command + S) to save your image. In the Save dialogue box, change the format to PNG and keep the Alpha box checked. This will save an Internet-compatible image with no background that you are able to use on any blog or Web site.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•Quickly create alpha images from icons in Preview
Sep 21•iPhone XS, XS Max launches, draws smaller crowds but plenty of fans
Sep 21•iOS 12 is now available: How to update, best new iPhone features and more
Sep 21•Gigantic-screen phone for a gigantic price
Sep 21•9 things to set up on your iPhone XS or XS Max