Upon getting to the office, I popped open my MacBook Pro and began delving further into my Pages predicament. Opening the Console and viewing my crash report ended up being the key to cracking this case. Users can access their crash reports by navigating to (username > Library > Logs > DiagnosticReports) and selecting the .crash file that was created at the time of their crash.
While examining the report, I noticed that at the end of my crashed thread (Thread 0) the preference file (com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist) had several extra status entries. From this I determined that my first step to troubleshooting this issue would be to remove the (com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist) file by navigating to (username > Library > Preferences) and dragging the file to my Desktop.
I restarted Pages '09 and attempted to change and subsequently Save as... to find that I no longer experienced a crash. From that point, I deleted the (com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist) file from my Desktop (a new one was created in its place automatically).