iTunes static in "lossless" formats when ripping from CD-R MacFixIt reader Michael Allbritton reports a problem where extracting music from a CD-R audio CD in a lossless format results in static:
"I have found what, to me, is an extremely annoying bug in iTunes 4.5 when importing music off a CD-R into Apple Lossless format. iTunes 4.5 is introducing static into the music files that is not in the original file. I have tried several methods of importation, and I have confirmed that the static is not present on [the] CD-R. When I use the .AIFF, .WAV, or Apple Lossless import setting there are some songs that get the static. If I import using uncompressed audio first, then convert to Apple Lossless the static can get worse.
"If I extract the files off the CD-R directly to my HD using Toast there is no static. But once the file is imported with Apple Lossless there is static. Static has not been introduced into any files I have ripped off commercial CDs, only the CD-Rs I have burned."
New/Updated Knowledge Base Articles
- Resetting iPod if it appears frozen or doesn't respond
- Installing software on an eMac (USB 2.0) that doesn't have an optical drive
- Final Cut Pro HD: Do not capture DV100 footage with mixed frame rates
- Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X
- Mac OS X Server: About Inherit Permissions
- Mac OS X Server 10.2.8: Copying files via AFP takes longer after installing security update 2003-12-19
- Mac OS X Server: Automounted share points remain mounted after logout
- AppleWorks unexpectedly quits if you leave the Find/Change window open