Capcom has announced a new beta test period for Street Fighter 5 which will give pre-order customers another opportunity to get hands-on time with the game before its launch in early 2016.
Previous betas have been used for Capcom to stress test its own servers. Initially, a PlayStation 4 only beta was available, but this was followed by a PC beta which allowed players to play together cross-platform.
As of yet, it is unclear whether all the characters announced so far will be available to play, or if the character roster will be rotated, as it has been in previous tests. The following features, however, will be included.
- Fight for glory and status in high stakes matches
- Enjoy more casual matches without pressure.
- Improve your skills against a training dummy with a variety of options and settings.
Capcom Fighters Network (CFN)
- Check out the latest leaderboard rankings, search for replays, and rivals.
- Customize your character profile and button configuration, among other options.
- Manage the screen and sound settings.
Finally, every existing beta test participant will receive a number of beta invite codes via the beta client to share with their friends.
The Street Fighter 5 release date has been confirmed as February 16, 2016. During PlayStation Experience 2015, Capcom revealed the final launch character is Fang, a character that uses poison attacks.
Following launch, Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien will be released as new characters. Each one is earnable through gameplay for free. Those that want to get them immediately can purchase the 2016 Season Pass, which is available to pre-purchase now in North America.