When you have the highest-rated MP3 player on CNET, I suppose it's OK to rest on your laurels a bit. iRiver's latest Clix, the Clix+, isn't much different from its immediate predecessor. It offers the same great D-Click controls, the same gorgeous AMOLED screen, and the same extensive feature list. But the company made changes where it counts: The player is slightly slimmer and comes with a lower price tag attached. The 4GB will go for $149, while the 8GB is set to sell for $199. This is much more competitive than with the previous version. iRiver has also added a pink version to the lineup. The Clix+ is expected to hit the U.S. in the first quarter of 2008. Here's a spec refresher:
- Supports MP3, OGG, and WMA files, including subscriptions
- Plays MPEG-4 and WMV video, and displays JPEG photos
- 2.2-inch screen
- Text viewer and Flash game support
- FM tuner and voice recorder
- 12 EQ presets and a user-definable EQ.
- DMB functionality for certain regions.