Apple has released updates for its Logic professional audio applications. The updates mainly address problems with how the programs are handled by certain CPUs, including the use of Hyper-Threading technologies in some Macs, compatibility with systems containing more than four cores, and some 64-bit compatibility issues.
- Support for opening projects imported from GarageBand for iPad
- Resolves problems related to the support of Hyper-Threading
- Improved compatibility with 6- and 12-core Mac Pro systems
- Support for iOS control surface apps that utilize the OSC protocol
- REX files now supported in 64-bit mode
- Improved compatibility with select Audio Unit plug-ins
The updates require OS X 10.5.8 or later and should be available through Software Update, but can also be found at the following locations:
If you use Software Update you may see different sizes for the downloads, depending on the system configuration being updated. Be sure to back up your system before applying these updates. Have a Time Machine backup or a clone of your boot drive, and make sure your audio projects are properly backed up as well.