Did you just buy a shiny new? Are you planning to? Do you, like me, prefer to keep your phone nude?
Here are a few facts to consider:
1. The iPhone X starts at AU$1,579.
2. The iPhone X has a back made of glass.
3. If you break the glass back, Apple will charge AU$819 to replace it.
4. $819 is.
5. Tech repair sitethat it would be exceedingly difficult to replace the glass back yourself.
6. We broke the iPhone X's glass backwe dropped the phone. From hip-height.
So here's my suggestion:
Alternatively, there's AppleCare+. For $200, £200 or AU$300, it'll only cost you an additional $100, £80 or AU$150 the first two times you break the phone. But you have to buy it within 60 days of when Apple ships or sells you the phone.
Also maybe read my colleague Rick Broida's comprehensive advice.
Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•Buy AppleCare+ or a case for your iPhone X -- or else
Sep 23•The iPhone XS is surprisingly tough to crack
Sep 23•6 ways the first Android phone changed absolutely everything
Sep 22•The first Android phone was an ugly thing, and I loved it
Sep 22•9 great reads from CNET this week