Over the weekend, we began to see reports from iPhone users who hadn't received Visual Voice mail notifications for as long as two weeks. We were a bit skeptical until we tested our own iPhone and discovered three messages from the previous week. After checking with friends, we found five additional reports of lost Visual Voice mail messages.
As of now, we have to agree with TechCrunch's MG Siegler who called "AT&T Is A Big, Steaming Heap Of Failure." Though we're just as dumbfounded and amazed at how widespread the problem is, there are two simple fixes that we suggest you try if you're having this problem.
- Launch the Phone application
- Go to the dial pad
- Press and hold 1 to access your voice mail the old fashioned way
- Check your messages
- End the call to voice mail
- Using another phone call your iPhone and leave a message
- Launch the Settings app
- Select General
- Select Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- Allow the iPhone to reboot
If your Visual Voice mail still isn't working after trying these steps, you might need to call